National edTPA Implementation Conference
March 31–April 2, 2016
Savannah Riverfront Marriott
The edTPA National Implementation Conference will be held at the Riverfront Marriott in Savannah, GA, March 31-April 2, 2016. Below you’ll find important information about registration, featured speakers and panel discussions.
This national edTPA conference seeks to promote a learning community of teachers, teacher educators and policy leaders to deepen their understanding of policy and implementation issues regarding teacher performance assessment and to discuss supporting and sustaining teachers across a career continuum.
*UPDATE* Click here for a sneak peek at the 2016 National edTPA Conference Program! See you in Savannah!
Thursday, March 31
Featured Panel Discussion: Building Bridges for a Teacher Career Continuum
- Richard Ingersoll, Professor of Education and Sociology, Board of Overseers Chair of Education, Graduate School of Education, University of Pennsylvania
- Peggy Brookins, NBCT, President & CEO, National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Dan Brown, NBCT, Co-Director, Educators Rising
- Rhonda Dubin, Regional Program Director, Midwest, New Teacher Center
- Bill McDiarmid, Dean & Alumni Distinguished Professor, School of Education, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Friday, April 1
Keynote address: Dr. Pedro Noguera, UCLA Distinguished Professor of Education. "Teaching to Make a Difference: Utilizing Culture as a Resource to Enhance Teacher Effectiveness and Improve Learning Outcomes"
Featured Panel Discussion: Equity and Diversity in Teacher Education
- Etta Hollins, Professor and Kauffman Endowed Chair for Urban Teacher Education School of Education, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Kenji Hakuta, Lee L. Jack Professor of Education, emeritus, Stanford Graduate School of Education
- Marvin Lynn, Dean & Professor, School of Education, Indiana University South Bend
Saturday, April 2
Featured Panel Discussion: Teacher Evaluation Across the Career Continuum
- Charlotte Danielson, Founder of the Danielson Group
- Dave Conley, President, EdImagine; Professor, University of Oregon
- Richelle Patterson, Senior Policy Analyst, National Education Association
We are grateful for our conference sponsors! Please be sure to visit their tables next to registration desk.
Learn more at www.pearsonassessments.com/teacherlicensure.html.